Here are some items which increase your risks:
1. Men 45 years or older/Women 55 years or older
2. Family history of heart disease within the last 2 generations
3. High total cholesterol above 240 mg/dl
5. High blood pressure
6. Low HDL (good cholesterol) below 40 mg/dl
7. High LDL (bad cholesterol) above 160 mg/dl
8. Overweight and Obesity
9. Physical Inactivity
A healthy diet provides you with a way of eating that reduce the risk for complications such as heart disease and stroke. Healthy eating includes a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, whole grains, fruits, non-fat dairy products, beans, lean meats, poultry and fish.
Our diabetic meals are selected and analyzed by a registered dietitian, a knowledgeable food expert. They are designed to provide you with 1/3 of the USDA’s daily adult nutritional requirements. (less than 800 mg, carbohydrate controlled (70-90 grams) and calorie controlled (~685 calories).
Our delicious meals will make it easier than ever for you to stay on your heart healthy diet!